Mitochondria Enhancers

green

Has anyone ever tried boosting their mitochondria to treat fatigue and brain fog? It's pretty easy to find sketchy stuff on the internet linking to academic research on various chemicals that enhance mitochondria function. 

I've been dosing myself with methylene blue - it's used in aquariums. It's a dye and a medicine as well. It can be used to treat hypotension - but I don't think it would ordinarily play a role in OI management. I've never heard of anyone taking it by prescription for OI or POTS-related phenomena before. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylene_blue#Medical_uses

It seems pretty nuts because I'm not taking pharmacutical grade methylene blue, so it's probably contaminated with impurities. But it's really cheap! I guess I'm a little desperate, although in my defense, I'm using a microdose <1 mg per day. I've been having some better days, so we'll see. 

Edited by green
not well expressed.

We tried Niagen a NAD+ booster, and we are using a cold laser (low level light therapy).  Not sure how well any of them work, but I always feel like we have to keep trying.  We did finally quit the Niagen, as it is expensive and we weren't seeing any real, earth shattering benefits.  The laser, however, we do still use and it helps if you have trouble with GI motility and use it in on the head and shoulder areas to loosen stiff muscles.  Not sure it's given them any boost in mitochondria, though.  But, there is research out there (spoke with a professor/research scientist from the University of Sydney) who was involved with a study regarding laser therapy and boosting mitochondria function. 

I haven't heard of the treatment you are doing...just make sure it's safe:wacko:.  I hope you have great success with it!

Oh yeah! Lasers!

I got started with methylene blue because the LLLT (low-level laser therapy) community had some users raving about how LLLT is complementary with methylene blue.

I don't know that it's safe. It's probably not. I mean - I'm drinking an MAOI.

Dane