Did too much

Did way too much today. Got up at 6:30. had work 9 to 2. Got home. put dishes away from dishwasher, put dishes in dishwasher. cleaned out fish take. took break at 5 had quick dinner. finished fish take at 6:30. folded clothes. put clothes away. just now sat down at  7, Was basically on my feet all day long. I am so worn out. My brain fog is extremely bad. My back hurts and i am getting palpitations. I tend to get more palpitations and feel worse if i over do it. I am so tired I can barely function! And I have to do more dishes in a little bit! When you have days like this what do you do for energy and to feel better? 

Days like that can be tough, if my body doesn't feel like it's already been pushed too far, then sometimes I find just sitting for an hour and focusing on something else, and then going back to the dishes later after my body had time to settle, can help me get things done. I may also put compression stockings on as I sit, as they tend to make me feel a bit better. Other days though I just have to move the housework to the next day, I do feel guilty about it sometimes, but I'm learning to better listen to what my body needs and not force the expectation of what I would be doing if I were healthy.

I hope you're feeling better now. I'm having one of those days today. My brother got married yesterday and I spent the three days leading up to it helping out and running errands, and my adrenaline was super high. I also overdid it on the dance floor, which was so much fun, but I'm really regretting it. Today I'm crashing bigtime and feeling like absolute garbage. I'm so nauseous and having palpitations and my energy level is zero.  I wish there was a way to speed up recovery, but the best thing I know to do is rest and wait it out.

Is there any food that sounds appetizing to you during these times? I can't stand the thought of food, but I hate to skip meals because I'm underweight.