Is Dysautonomia Like A Box Of Chocolates Everyday For Everyone?

lewis

I wake up and never know what I'm going to get and I'm wondering if this is the same for everyone. For instance I've broken it down into percentages. 90% chance of orthostatic intolerance, 90% chance of nerve pain, 25% chance my brain won't work, 25% chance my bladder won't be able to empty, 25% chance my stomach will be gurgling all day, 25% chance my vision will be blurry, 75% chance I'll have a sleep disturbance, 50% chance I'll have pvc's our palpatations all day, 50% I'll feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous break down and on and on.....

I can say for myself since I become multi symptomatic, that is how I feel....kinda frustrating at times, not knowing how to plan to get thru what symptoms are the worst and plan life for them. Trying to learn how to live in the moment, and have those in life we work with, or friends and family to understand and roll with it, has been a challenge for me. All I know to do is to try to educate and explain how POTS impacts me, and how it may impact them.

I am blessed for my boss tries to understand and be flexible and I push myself and he knows. My family and true friends love me and tho may not always understand are willing to ride this fun house of a coaster.

I hope you have support that surrounds you, at times we are harder on ourselves than we would be on others and we need to hear that from time to time...

Oh yes, Each day is the same-take time to see what I will be dealing with and go from there. I am not able to work because with stress of the job my heart rate goes up, which brings anxiety and dizziness and SOB (short of breath) and then my focus,memory and concentration go. I am a telephonic health coach so to suddenly go blank in a call is really bad. But the stress came when they changed the requirements of each call that added my stress to each call which would pop up my symptoms. So I spend my time trying to keep my symptoms at bay. If they are frequent or all day it just rolls into the next day, and the next...miserable

Its just me, with my sister beeing here for the past year-unemployed...so I am on my own with this. I have a great son but he just got married and has alot going on and lives 5-6 hours away. SO I do things in 10 minute increments and rest as much as I need.

My daughter asked me how we were ever going to get through Christmas because stress, excitement, exhaustion all make her POTS symptoms go haywire...I just reminded her....moment by moment.

I was going to start a new post on this very subject! I hate Christmas now! My kids think I'm just the grinch and keep telling my wife I need to find the Christmas spirit. They just don't understand, no one does unless they are going through it. I crave for days that are blah. I don't want stress and I don't want excitement. Arg!! 2 more days and I can finally relax. I think this will be the last Christmas I celebrate, its just to hard on me.