Shortness Of Breath - Is This Part Of Dysautonomia?

DizzyGirls

This question is about me and not my 'dizzy girls' :) I have a real hard time catching my breath sometimes. I've had mild trouble with this since I was a kid, but now, sometimes in the evening it feels like my throat is trying to close off. I can't seem to make it go away. It seems that the more tired I get, the worse it gets, which does stand to reason, but it is starting to give me anxiety when I feel like I can't breathe. I am trying Flovent, NP wants to see if that will help. I also have an albuterol inhaler, but that doesn't usually help. I did try it last night because it was getting bad. I think it might have worked a little bit, but gave my lungs a funny almost crampy feeling. Anyway, does anybody ever have trouble breathing and it not be asthma related? Pretty sure I have EDS along with my girls. Maybe this is part of it?

I should check my bp when this is happening! Thanks! It didn't even occur to me. I do have very low blood pressure and nurses are always commenting "is it always this low?" Yes, it is (unless I've stopped by Starbucks earlier! :ph34r: ). This will be interesting. I used to be really fit, too. But since having my girls, some 19 years ago, my body hasn't been the same.

Hi Jade! Just a fyi, you can't tag hear, we don't have that feature, sorry! What members can do is scroll up and click the "follow this topic" button (Top right). When you've done that you will be alerted when new posts are added. Hope this helps!

Thank you and that is helpful. Does the other person get the alert, too, or only if they are also following the particular thread. Sorry for all the questions!