Stupid Question. Floor Exercises Set Off Pots?

p8d

Hi. I've been desperately trying to figure out any reason for flares without much luck. I have noticed that days I do floor exercises or yoga seem to be much worse than biking days. I know orthostatic changes are a hallmark of the disease but would this mean I'm just not well controlled on current meds, salt, fluids? I have only checked my BP HR after I've been sitting post exercises and feeling lousy and generally BP is a tad high but where the Dr's indicate it should be. HR is around 60. I haven't checked vitals while on the floor. Any ideas on how to strength train at home without getting on the floor?? Thanks.

I have a piece of equipment called "The Chair Gym." You can search online for it. Between my POTS, an old back injury, and EDS, I can't do exercises on the floor anymore. It just about cripples me. This piece of equipment works off of a resistance band and pulley system. It was relatively inexpensive and folds away to the size of a folding chair. It works for me. I would definitely review this, or any equipment, with your doctor or make sure there aren't any special health concerns for your situation.

Katybug, The Floor Gym sounds like a great piece of equipment. My daughters have been trying to do some toning exercises, as those are the only kind they can do now because they can be done in place. They are pretty down most of the time.

p8d, I agree with the floor exercises. Because of my daughters' POTS, they can't do anything lying down either. Makes them very dizzy. Because of their EDS they can't do anything that puts too much stress on their already hypermobile joints either. A lot of people swear by yoga, but I know that it's not for my girls. I did hear some good things about Pilates, though, from a friend who has EDS and POTS. Never tried it myself.