How Many Huts Have You Had?

Anoj

Anoj - do you mind if I ask how long you've had between your three tilt tests?

I had one tilt table test in the spring of 2014, and then full autonomic testing (valsalva, QSART, breathing) with another tilt in the fall of 2014. So two total in the past year and a half. But now, the doc who performed last year's autonomic testing is asking to re-do all autonomic testing (including HUT) even though I don't feel like much has changed. So if I agree to do another one, I'll have had 3 HUTs & two autonomic tests in a 1.5 year time frame....

I'm getting ready to have my 5th in 9 years. This one will be the most comprehensive I've ever had, measuring cerebral circulation and peripheral resistance among the usual things measured. Mine is scheduled for mid-November.

that's cool that you're getting something so thorough. i'm really not sure how much mine entails becs my doc did not explain everything to me. when i asked which autonomic tests he was doing, his nurse wrote "autonomic testing" on a sheet of paper. pffft. i know he will measure catecholamines, but that's about it. (and i've already had that type done before).

Anoj - do you mind if I ask how long you've had between your three tilt tests?

I had one tilt table test in the spring of 2014, and then full autonomic testing (valsalva, QSART, breathing) with another tilt in the fall of 2014. So two total in the past year and a half. But now, the doc who performed last year's autonomic testing is asking to re-do all autonomic testing (including HUT) even though I don't feel like much has changed. So if I agree to do another one, I'll have had 3 HUTs & two autonomic tests in a 1.5 year time frame....

i have only had 2 since 2010. the first one was a waste of time. the doc didn't know what he was doing and even gave me nitroglycerine. the second one was much more thorough. i've found a new doctor who wants to redo everything becs he claims the doc i had before wasn't trustworthy.

it sounds like you are going through excessive testing to me, but i'm not a doctor!

tbh, i'm not really thrilled to be doing this again, especially since the treatment will probably be the same.