Trouble From Florinef? ?

Katybug

So , I've been back on florinef for a month. I've seen a steady and dramatic increase in bp (30-40 points higher than my norm) which is ok because I run low. But, my heart rate which has been relatively controlled for day to day activity, has shot up in the last week as well. The only change I've made is the florinef. Has anyone had a problem with their heart rate increasing as a result of being on florinef?

Hi Kate

On the whole Florinef has helped improve most of my symptons although my HR has remained high and continues to be my most difficult problem. Sadly I don't have HR numbers to compare with from before I started Florinef, sorry I cant be of more help.

Hi Katie,

I had about the same jump in blood pressure. It's actually why I was put on it. To bring my blood pressure up for when I move.

My heart rate did not change. Of course mine my heart rate is 136 sitting here browsing the Web on my tablet. :) I'll be thankful it didn't jump up.

Two things I didn't expect on florinef: 1. A 6 day migraine that required steroids to end. Bleh. 2. One morning I woke up and thought my hands were a little weird feeling. I was achy and my body hurt all over. I weighed in (a normal weekly habit for me), and I had gained 12 lbs in 6 days... HA! I knew I'd been feeling off, but honestly hadn't noticed the edema. I can giggle about it now, but it was unpleasant.

I remember my physician asking me to pay attention to headaches. It would be a clue my blood pressure was getting too high.

It's great you are tracking things. If you feel off, just give your doctor of choice a ring.

-K

• 3 weeks later...

I just started taking Florinef 48 hours ago and I've noticed a marked increase in the severity of my lightheadedness when I gt up. The reason we put me on it was to combat the 25 or more point drop in systolic pressure when I stood up. Did anyone else have this happen when they started Florinef?

i just took my HR and BP and its actually lower than my average. my heart rate was 68 (normal is around 74). BP was around 109/55. I realize a lot of people here would kill for my BP but just wait until I stand up. I can only remember the systolic. I'm mostly curious. I'll continue it for a month and see if its doing anything. If it isn't onto the next drug to help keep my plasma levels up.