Hi

malzwit

Hey I'm new

My name is Mal I'm 24 and was dignosed with POTS in November of 2013. Though I had had symptoms since 2009. I currently live in Colorado, but I'm from Ontario Canada. I have three cats whom I love. I'm very symptomatic, and have anxiety and depression due to being sick.

None of the meds has worked on me

I'm trying the exercise therapy but it's real hard with the exercise intolerance.

I'm really missing horse back riding and badminton, for the riding it's not safe right now for badminton there is no where to play out here.

I am currently on medical leave from Colorado state university and I hope to be able to finally finish my undergrad at some point soon

So I just wanted to say hi and thank you all in advance for the support

Cheers

Mal

Hi mal. Welcome to the forum. My daughter is a POTS sufferer and she is 23. She is trying to keep her teaching job but it is very hard bc she too is symptomatic. Just wanted to let u know this forum is wonderful and we have been very lucky to find it. I have had many questions answered and have been given some very much needed words of encouragement. I'm sorry you are not feeling well but this site should help you realize you are not alone with this diagnosis. Everyone is very compassionate and willing to give information if u need it. Try to get well.

I'm on medical leave as well! Honestly smart decision. I should've finished my phd but simply couldn't even look at a computer screen without getting severely dizzy or sit up at my desk to write my dissertation. The brain fog resulted in me typing some the worst but funniest scientific writing mankind has ever seen. I'm at the point finally where I can do a little work but in still severely limited. If I challenge my brain too much I get the brain fog again. You'll get your undergrad finished be persistent in your treatment. If suggest challenging yourself to do something everyday. I knit and use Rosetta stone about 30 mins a day. It seems to help keep the brain fog at bay a little more each day.

Hi Malzwit,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the encouragement that you'll need here. I found this forum so helpful, it made a huge difference in my life and introduced me to many new friends that know what I'm going though.

I'm so pleased that you have had such a positive experience w/ DINET, that's what it's here for! Still, if there are ever any questions you need to answers to please don't hesitate to ask one of us, there is usually one of us on the forum or feel free to send us a PM :rolleyes:

I'm not a doctor Mazwit, but there are a lot of medications out there now. Trial and error can be a nightmare but when you find the right one you'll just know it. There is a search box in the top corner of the page, just a suggestion but maybe you could try playing around with some search words and reading the ones that compliment most to your symptoms! You'll get back on that horse!! You've got a great attitude, don't let this discourage you yet, you've got your whole future ahead of you! I'm glad you found us on DINET!

Sarah

Hi Mal,

Welcome! I'm a horse chic too! No riding because of the dizzy spells but my old mare is appreciating retirement and thinks I'm an awesome "treat lady" these days. I miss riding, too.

My dog and cats keep me company on the couch and are very good nurse maids. They keep me sane.

Take care,

Katie

• 2 weeks later...

I have increased my salt but I'm not seeing much of a difference, and they have tried all the meds that they are comfortable with (my docs)

I sew or embroider and read a lot to try and combat the brain fog but I forget the book a day or two later

Thank you for the support

Hi and welcome aboard. Have you tried compression socks or hose? Sometimes that helps, if the medications don't. Lots of good information on the forum and hope you feel better soon.

Hello Malzwit and welcome to the forum. I am a horse chic as well. I hope you find something helpful for your condition and feel better. There really are so many options to explore.