Feeling Off Today

artluvr09

All day I have been feeling weird. I had to wake up at 6:50 am for my vocational training sessions. I woke up at 6:50 showered, ate breakfast. Then I started feeling disoriented almost detached. I felt like that all day. A little better when I was at my vocational training. I was there from 9 am until 3 pm and didn't get home until 4 pm. then I had to clean the kitchen, Then I made dinner and had to do dishes, and fold laundry then I went outside for like 10 minutes and then I came in and finally sat down at 7pm. I just keep feeling weird like detached. its a hard feeling to describe. I hate that I have no energy to do much. I worry that when I finally have a job it will be difficult!

Artluvr I know what u mean, I get these episodes only last few mins and mainly in the shower, when I feel detached and outside of my body. Like ur gonna have a seizure or somethin. It all feels quiet and odd. Ive never known what is tho.

I have the detached feeling too, which also causes me to have anxiety. I don't know where the feeling has come from, how long it will last or if I am going to have a seizure or pass out with it. Some days it will go away after minutes, other times it consumes part or most of my day. I have been dealing with an immense amount of pain over the past several months and on days when the pain is at its worst, I often get the detached feeling too.

Its odd isn't it. I have wondered about it the past yr more so. Its like I'm in a dream state and not present. Must be somethin goin on in us hey? I don't like it tho, its almost like an aura of something...hard to describe. I wait til I come back so to speak.

Mostly - also here on dinet forum - this "detached feeling" is thought to be a result of cerebral hypoperfusion.

But I also experience that feeling when I lay down for a couple of hours - thus I believe, there must be something "biochemical" going on in us, that creates this state.

I'm so glad to know that others have experienced this feeling! I really hate when it happens. Sometimes it'll last all day or just an hour or so. I would say it's similar to what happens to some people when they start taking anti-depressants. They describe a disconnected "out of it" feeling. Very strange and unnerving.

Hmmm cerebral hypoperfusion, doesn't sound too good. Ive noticed it mainly happens when I shower.

Well that makes sense. Ta for the explanation. I should be using a chair, did couple yrs back but found it hard to do actual washing. Might have to try it again tho.

Its good to know others experience this as well!! Sometimes I feel like im losing my mind! especially since I don't have a job and never have and I left my boarding school on august 23rd 2013. I have nothing to do everyday since I don't drive and all I do is sit on my computer. I did join a church may 2014 and I love their young adult group and join activiiteis when they have them but during the week I have nothing to do and my cardiologist keeps telling me just sitting around doing nothing will make me feel worse!

Its hard artluvr I sympathise with u. I do very lil with my days. I try to keep moving when possible so I don't decondition but its still tough dealing with symptoms everyday.