What Helps Your Brain Fog?

artluvr09

My brain fog is flaring up this evening. I don't know what could be causing it. It started like an hour or two after my workout. I haven't really had the energy to work out the past month or two and today I had a little more energy so I did a bigger workout.

Right now I just feel bad brain fog, trouble thinking, feeling weird almost detached. I'm eating healthy and exercising, drinking Gatorade, and eating extra salt.

I hate feeling this way. What helps your brain fog?

also what triggers your brain fog? I am still trying to figure out what triggers my brain fog.

For me, I live in brain fog almost all of the time. It is my understanding that brain fog is due to a reduction of cerebral blood perfusion. The reduction of blood flow to the brain results in a decline in the overall functioning of the brain itself. This manifests itself as brain fog. If the reduction becomes too great, then we enter confused states, where we may be unable to recognize or remember things that are familiar to us normally. If this reduction of blood flow becomes a lack of blood flow, then syncope occurs. The only thing that has helped me with brain fog is IV Saline. I get 2 L of normal saline once a week for now until I get my port placed. After that, I am going to go to three times a week. IV Saline makes almost all of my POTS symptoms significantly better, to the point that I feel 95% of my normal self.

Stefanie

I have a port (having had 3 PIC lines for 3 years), and give myself a liter of saline first thing every morning. Occasionally I'll run a second liter if I start crashing in the afternoon. This has helped a lot with most of my POTS symptoms.

I''m also on midodrine, but am going to be trying the newly approved droxidopa, (Northera), which was just approved in the USA 2014, and became available in August.