How To Survive Christmas Shopping

artluvr09

Today was a long day!! My parents took me out to do Christmas shopping. I do not drive. When I am in a store I like to be in and out. I do not like shopping and I do not like crowds. When I am in crowds I get overwhelmed, lightheaded, and brain fog. Today my parents and I left the house at 12pm and didn't get home until 7:30 pm. It was so frustrating. I get tired so easily. I wanted to go home after the first store. We went to home depot first so they could pick something up. Then we went to walmart for like an hour and a half and I was overwhelmed. The lighting in walmart bothered me and there was so many people there. I tried on jeans didn't find any that fit. Then by 130pm I was done but my parents said there was more to do. So we then went to lowes, then target, then I walked to petsmart. we finally got home at 730. I am beat. So tired. I hate shopping like this. How do you guys survive it?

Online shopping, making all my gifts (which is what I did this year due to physical issues, and money issues), and using assistance. I'm no longer too prideful to go "dude, please push me, or I'm leaving".

When at Walmart, I'm fortunate I used to work at the one I primarily shop at, and if I'm overwhelmed, I can escape to the back room with a friend to relax for a minute. I usually go find the yarn aisle, as it's darker, and not many people go down that, so I can kinda catch myself, and find yarn (I'm a crocheter/knitter to the max, so yarn is like a drug to me, lol).

Trying to stay hydrated, keep salt and snacks with me, and if I need to stay in a car for a break, I do that as well.