Rains And Pours...

Becia

Vague enough? Lol.

In the past month, I've had no less than 2 doctors appointments each week, this weeks had them both on the same day. Talk about exhausted!

After putting it off for several months/years (kinda depends on how you look at it, I've had the insurance for months, but I haven't gone in years), I ended up in a dentist office. After one hurtful visit (where I was called an untouchable because of my condition), I was referred to another gentleman, who took one look at me and was right on board with what I needed done, and how best he could manage my care. While I'm facing major oral surgery for extractions due to the condition of my teeth (vomiting for years has taken its toll), homeboy is confident he can take care of me with the least amount of stress to my body as possible. I will be having all my work done in an OR setting, where they can monitor my heart, have an anesthesiologist watching everything, and I can get some extra fluids to take home with me (thank you PICC line!) to aid in my recovery.

After my GP appointment today, he is setting me up for some gastric tests to figure out what all is causing this current outbreak of major vomiting/nausea. Upper endoscopy and a gastric emptying test are on the menu in the next couple weeks, as well as my oral surgery. I was a little disappointed that we didn't reduce my fluids schedule, but given how the next month or so seem to be playing out, I have a feeling I will be grateful for the extra boost I get from them, especially with all the vomiting. From the ER doc and my gp, they have been the reason I haven't been hospitalized yet.

If it rains, it pours here. I do wish something could be simple with me, because I'm really tired of being the "special" one, but alas... I guess someone's gotta do it, and that someone is me.

Any tips, hints, suggestions I have in all these tests, I welcome them all. I'm extremely nervous about the sedation stuff given how it could impact me and make me even more ill, but I'm also looking forward to not having all these massive infections, exposed roots, cracked teeth (from seizures), and honestly, a nice smile again. I haven't had a nice smile in years.

I also want to wish you well, Becca. The only thought I have is about your latest gastric problems -- maybe (it's been that way with me) the latest nausea is related to all the teeth problems. I understand the nervousness....it sounds like they are going to be taking good care of you there and watch everything carefully. When is the surgery?

As for the gastric issues being related to my teeth, I do have to wonder. I've always had a "funny" stomach according to my family, but the past two-three weeks have been the worst. When you're throwing up bland foods even, something is wrong. I've also had an increase in my stomach pain ever since I started the mestinon, so I still think some of this is related to that, and I'm at the point I've asked to stop taking that medication because of the side effects. I had them all under control before we added that, and it's set my body into over drive.

The dental surgeon is looking to expedite my procedure there, so I'm hoping I have it done asap. I have it sign some different papers for the office and send back for my insurance to cover this, so I know I won't know for about a week or so when the date is, but I know he wants before the end if the year. If he gets his way, all I want for Christmas will be my two front teeth, lol!

As for the other two tests, I have a feeling those will be easier to get my insurances prior authorization. I'm kinda in a first come, first serve mode right now.

And while I'm used to pain, I'm not looking forward to being in pain, and I know both will have their thresholds pushed. Maybe not the emptying test as much as the endoscopy, and def the oral surgery, but my nerves and the little anxiety I do have are both up. I will be better once the big step is taken.

I don't know if this is helpful Becia but I had a root canal and the doc actually had the chair leaning back so my head was lower than my feet (not enough to slide out. Lol!). Anyway, I got this great relaxed feeling that came over me and in thinking about it later, I think I was finally getting enough blood to my brain! This, therefore, tells me again that I do need to live my life upside down.

Well wishes heading your direction!

Lol, the dentist was afraid to tilt me back too much, as he was afraid if I ended up getting up too fast, we were gonna have more problems than I already was having. All I can say with my dental work is better living through chemistry, bring on the drugs, lol. If anything will get me to sleep, I'm all for it, as I haven't slept in a while.

All the best for the surgery and appointments. It's great you found a dental surgeon that is aware of your condition and can manage your care. I need dental work badly, but keep postponing it. My dysautonomia started 2 days after a dental surgery, so I'm scared to go back to the dentist. Will have to, one day.

I'm going to OSU for my dental work, because my EP cardio dude is right across in a building, and the ER was on the other side. I am the worlds worst patient when it comes to dental things, so I'm still terrified, but ready to get it over with, and hoping that since we are doing it in such a controlled environment that maybe the issues are going to be so strong. Being admitted isn't a bad thing, because if I am so triggered and flaring, I'm can stay and get it under control, and if they are tolerable, I can still get home. I can see being Leary of going back Yola, I would be too. I feel that way when the doc mentions another ablation.