Mestinon Too High?

Momof3boys

Hi all. I have been prescribed 30 mg mestinon 3xdaily for 3 months now. I've only been taking it 2x daily most of the time, because honestly I forget the evening dose & didn't notice much of a difference anyway. Seemed to maybe help, but still pretty slow moving. Yesterday I tried doubling my dose to 60mg 2x daily & felt great! Better than I have in a long time. I usually put my meds into a pill box once a week. For some unknown reason I looked at my pill bottle this morning. The tablets are 60mg tablets, not 30 mg tablets. So I've actually been taking 60mg Bid, and yesterday I doubled to 120 mg bid, with an excellent response. This seems WAY higher than the typical dose for pots. I know everyone is different, but is anyone else taking, or know of anyone taking that high of a dose for pots? Makes me wonder if I should talk to my dr about an MG consult. I do have a call placed to my dr, but wanted some extra feed back from the people in the trenches so to speak.

Thanks,

I take 60mg 3x's a day for a total of 180mg. I do remember my Dr mentioning to me that many people need to take at least that much to notice a difference and some need to take an even higher dose. I haven't been on it too long and haven't noticed too much of a difference yet, but am willing to see what happens. (Like you, I have a hard time remembering that third dose though!) Also, BID means twice a day for those wondering.