Rooms Looks Smoky When It Isn't! Anyone Else?

Raisin

I sometimes stop and realize a room looks like it is smoky when it isn't at all. I do have very dry eyes and Sicca symptoms but Sjogrens has been ruled out with a lip biopsy. I also get migraines which are sometimes ocular but that is a different thing I believe because when that happens, I only see half of things (missing part of vision) . So, anyone else out there experience this or have any ideas? Please don't say they are paranormal visions because i googled and alot of that comes up and I don't want to go there. Lol.

Sounds like a dry eye thing, which is something many of us with POTS seem to have major issues with. I've had retinal exams and brain scans due to visual weirdness, and most of the weirdness seems to occur when I'm tired and my eyes are super dry. A really good optician told me my eyes and skin were really short on oil. Only had dry eyes since POTS. Does the smokiness alter if you blink a few times?

Well, thanks everyone! I will try alot of blinking to see if the dry eye thing is causing this. It happened yesterday in the late morning so I do t think they were too tired per se. Maybe I should try fish oil also. Worth a shot!

Yes this started happening to me a few years ago, but hasn't happened in a while (I probably just jinxed myself). I found it happened more often going from outdoors to indoors. I'd walk in and the room looked full of smoke. Brain scans are normal and eye exams are fine except for extreme dry eye, I produce practically no tears. The eye Doctor decided dry eye must be the cause, but I don't know if that's right. Anyway, sorry no answers, just wanted to say - me too!

Yeah Naomi. My eyes are in the extreme dry eye category as well. Maybe it is exactly that. I do have an eye appt. in November. I will see what the Opthamologist says. He will probably just look at me with that odd look that we have all seen before. Lol!

• 5 years later...

i was in my bedroom with the door shut and all of a sudden i smelt something burning so i open my door abd the whole livingroom and kitcen is filled with a fog or smoke and my kids were in the livingroom and i asked them what was burning and.why was it so smokey and they said they didnt smell anything and that it wasnt smokey in there at all...could my.house be haunted??