How have you been?

Hi everyone,

How have you all been doing? I haven't logged on to the forum in a few months and I've been trying to catch up with reading posts tonight. ;)

I have to share this with you all because I am so thrilled, and so thankful to be at this point now:

I just completed my second semester of college. My parents are in the middle of a cross-state move, and I'll be moving in with some family who live only 30 minutes from where we currently live--so that's a ton of stress, which I haven't handled well since getting POTS. And, I just got my first job! I started this week and absolutely love it. I'm on my feet a lot, which typically has been difficult, but I've been handling it extremely well. It'll be about 20 hours/week.

My body has been handling this all so well. For those of you who've forgotten me (yes, it's been a while!! :unsure: )...I was homebound for over 2.5 years with POTS. Just this fall, I was well enough to begin commuting to college part-time. At one time, I used to have episodes of paralysis, numbness, tremors, and so much more...

Just had to share because I'm so thrilled to be where I am today. It's been a long journey. You'll get there, too! If you ever want to talk, drop me an email. :) Looking forward to hearing what you've been doing and how you've been feeling...

Love,

Kristin

Hi Amy,

I love my new job. I'm an office clerk for a process serving company. They serve legal documents to individuals who are being sued, getting divorced, evicted, etc. I work approximately 4 hours/day, filing, mailing, copying, data entry, and other general office duties. I didn't think I'd enjoy general office work as much as I am--but maybe it's also exciting because it's the first time since I got POTS that I am able to work. All of my peers have been working for at least 2 years, and I've had a rough time not being healthy enough to be more financially independent. So, this job is so much more to me than a first job!

How have you been doing lately?

~Kristin