I Have A Weird One.

gjensen

I almost hate to ask. Maybe this is not unusual, but I have never experienced it.

I was scratching my left leg today, and it caused a pain in my chest. Left side. I did not connect it until I scratched my leg again. Laughing at myself I tried it many many times. Each time the same result. I tried it again a minute ago, and the same result.

How is that possible? I am not concerned. I just thought it was odd.

I have no idea what this phenomenon is. But, just a thought....did you scratch with the same hand each time? Just wondering if it is actually the movement/muscle use to scratch that is the cause and not the scratching itself? For example, are you bending and using your left arm each time and if you then use your right arm which would be a different use of the muscles in your upper body, does it still make your chest hurt?

I have trigger points, where you press on a spot and the you'll feel it elsewhere. But, usually it's like a spot on my neck gives me pain on my face, not so far away. But, usually the effect is made by pressing, not scratching. (And trigger points are very sore.)

That sure is a weird one!

Is the pain in your ribs and muscles or deep inside?

I don't know if this is what you experienced, but there is a lot of "cross-wiring" that happens in the brain when it comes to sensory nerves. For instance the pleasure and pain place in your brain for your leg might be directly next to that spot in your chest that hurt. I have had plenty of times in my life where I will accidentally poke or scratch an arm and feel a corresponding sensation in my leg, or poke my thigh and feel in it my back just as you described. Technically speaking that's why there's such a thing as a foot fetish-- the pleasure centers in the brain for normally arousing feelings is directly next to the feet area of the brain. So yeah, crosswiring does happen!

Robin it feels deep.

Pumpkin, after 41 years I have a reason as to why some like feet. LOL. I did not know. Thank you for the link to.

I did just look it up. What I read was that there could be cross connectivity, misinformation from the brain (I do not understand that one), or nerve damage. Go figure. So either I have suddenly got some wires crossed, mixed signals from the brain (I get that a lot these days, LOL.), or I have nerve damage (which I do).

Interesting, but it is the least of my worries.

I appreciate the insights. At least I am not the only one. This is new to me.