Going To Physical Therapy Today

Bigskyfam

Yes. When my son's body was well enough to handle it. It got him back up on his feet. However, he could only do it on M-W-F and rest on the weekend. He had 15-30 minute sessions only. His physical therpist monitored his heart and blood pressures. One was taken at the beginning, middle, and end of the session. It was helpul to her and our cardiologist. She used our blood pressure cuff that saves all blood pressure and heart rate readings and then I would send them in to my son's cardiologist. Our cardiologist could also tell us if we needed to back off some or increase his pt time.

I did outpatient pt for about six weeks beginning of the summer, and what I really got out of it was endurance. It didnt help my standing time, and my bp and hr still had a hey day. I did five days a week pt in the rehab and once again, just rebuilt my endurance from this severe crash I've been fighting. It was in the middle of this thanks to the orthopedist I am seeing for issues with my hips and joints that we are thinking theres more than meets the eye with me and my case, but as a formers athlete, even though it all exhausted me, it felt like I was doing something worthwhile, like the old days. I missed being that active, and while it was tough, I can see where it's helped my strength with something's, and just made my mind feel better.

I'm in love with the recumbent cross trainer we had at the rehab. Safely sitting, walking and using my arms. I loved it. Wishing I had room for a recumbent bike or something here, but im also supposed to do three days a week in house physical therapy here, to help strengthen my core a bit more in hopes it will help my hip joints.

I did a month of pt (3x/wk) prior to my neck surgery and the same after surgery (starting one month after surgery). Although it was for neck and core strengthening and not specifically for POTS, I definitely found myself getting stronger which in turn helped me in general. While it didn't change my hr or bp, just being a little stronger made everyday life easier. Once I get these migraines under control (because any activity triggers them right now), I plan on going back on the exercise routine the PT gave me. She was very conscious of modifying each exercise to accommodate all my strange needs. I can do the whole routine laying down if I need to or I can do parts of it sitting up if I am up to it. My PT hadn't actually treated a POTS/EDS patient before but was aware of the syndromes and educated herself as well as listening and trusting me to say something was safe or it was pushing me too far. I think that's what made us as successful as we were.

I would be interested in hearing how that works out for you. I want to do something, I need to do something. My spasms are holding me back right now. Too much is a different place every day.

If not for the spasms, I would certainly be doing something.

Good luck.

PT update I went for second visit monitored me on different equipment...showed me isometric exercises. My leg started shaking after one of the exercises. It was cool to see this for it showed me it's not getting the strengthening it needs. I have leg/hip plan... Fri is tummy... Next week arm legs.

I am hopeful and excited. Cardiac rehab was good but really only to monitor me not build me up to where I can be