Exercise-Short Term Improvement?

POTLUCK

So I was thinking about this. Running has always helped my POTS. It seems to have helped over time. However it has always also clearly helped in the short run. The day after exercising my heart rates are lower and my symptoms are better. I realized that when people on here are talking about improving with exercise they are talking about after long periods like months.

Does anyone else notice an improvement in either HR's lower and/or decreased symptoms in the short run-say later in the day, or the day after cardio exercise?

Maybe there is a different cause to my POTS. The cardio diagnosing it via tilt test does not really seem to be thinking about the cause of specific peoples POTS, just an overall cause.

I have a love/hate relationship with cardio training. I have a dislocated hip and I'm an amputee so running is challenging - If I do a ton of treadmill then I either have a short period of feeling really good followed by a crash or I just crash. I actually did way better with weight training over time - a span of 8 months or so until I felt consistently better in 2012. I also used other things such as hydrocortisone, some midodrine and seems like a big help was having a uterine ablation which significantly helped my anemia and suspected blood volume issue. My reason for POTs was suspected to be autoimmune (I am still not fully diagnosed) and potentially endocrine (also not diagnosed) but both with some low level positive testing.

While my reason for POTs which I think was blood volume issues (confirmed) has been corrected and/or greatly improved my body still behaves like a dysautonomia case just not terribly tachy anymore. I still flare with other symptoms but they are more manageable as compared to elevated HR issues which I was not tolerant of at all.

Maybe try some weight training?? Good luck to you POTLUCK. I've been watching you for a while and always admired your running miles.

I had a lab test for the low blood volume issue. Honestly, I can't remember what it was...I was so sick at the time. It was around the time that I was having adrenal testing, aldosterone, renin etc..... The Doc I had hated me. He just thought I was nuts. Said all my adrenal tests were negative except that I had a little blood volume problem. Once I completed my lab stuff with him, I took my results and ran. I bought meditation CD's which helped me greatly in terms of emotional health. Deepak Chopra did a series with Oprah called "Perfect Health" - the best $40 I spent in 2013. I was so tired of co-pays. Good luck to you - the positive thoughts and slow meditative breathing helped me sort of re-set my system a little. When I flare I have a method to go back to - helps me get thru.