Petichea On Lower Legs

Libby

Does anyone else have this? It's something I've recently noticed. You have to really look to see them, but they're creeping up my legs, dozens of tiny red dots from my ankle finally stopping around mid-calf. Is this because of pooling? I'm assuming yes, maybe the pressure of the pooling is breaking capillaries...

I haven't been taking midodrine for about a year now, managing symptoms with fluids and other meds (and just kind of learning to live with some, including the aching, purple legs). I wonder if that's why its happened, bc of the increased pooling, or if I've always had them, just never looked close enough at my legs. Sigh.

Does anyone know if this is permanent? Not the worst symptom to have, but I'm kind of irritated.

You should probably be wearing compression stockings. I wore them religiously for a long time, but over the summer I really wanted to wear flip-flops. I got out of the habit of wearing my hose, and last week I took a good look at my legs and I'm getting varicose veins. My veins are also protruding out on my legs like blue cords. I'm back to wearing the hose.

• 1 month later...

My dad has venous insufficiency and has a lot of blotches, I'm not sure if it would happen from pooling with POTS but it makes sense that it would.

I don't have petichea but I have acquired spider veins in my feet and ankles, it was a huge motivation to start wearing the compression stockings. They're great. If I stand for a while with bare legs I definitely get the red legs and purple feet, but with the stockings my legs stay normal skin color underneath. I definitely feel like they're protective against the stress and strain of blood pooling on the veins.