Extreme Brain Fog From Lack Of Sleep?

artluvr09

I am so exhausted today. I went to bed around 11:30-12 last night then I woke up at 4:50 to get ready for a rummage sale by my Grandmas. So I only had like 4 to 5 hours of sleep. Usually though i can go through the day just fine but today i am getting worse as the day goes on. I have no energy, really bad brain fog where its hard to comprehend what people are saying like for example i had to have my mom repeat something twice for me to be able to process what she was saying. Also when i am really overtired sometimes when people talk it sounds like they are talking from a distance which is scary. Does anyone else get that? .. The major concern for me is having problems comprehending things and feeling really spaced out. I hate the feeling of losing my mind and not being able to focus clearly. Brain fog is a scary feeling. Does anyone else get like this from lack of sleep? I know i will feel better tomorrow after i get sleep tonight but i would like tips on how to get through the rest of today. I am not allowed to take naps or i wont be able to sleep at night and i can't have caffeine. I tried having an egg omelet for lunch that helped a little bit but now im back to blah.

Lack of sleep and fatigue contribute to worsening symptoms of dysautonomia. Fatigue can put me down quicker than anything else. The brain fog gets especially bad - I lose my train of thought, can't put words together right, and have trouble concentrating - especially at work. I have had less than 4 hours of sleep every night for over a week now and I am almost a complete wreck. Stress is also a huge factor - so, combine stress and fatigue and we're doomed!

I can definitely relate - lack of sleep makes the whole bunch of symptoms worse...

@Soskis: Sorry to hear that you had such a stressful time. However, when I was still working (full time) and have had one full week of less than 4 hours sleep every night, I would have been a complete wreck at any time of my life...

Thanks! Yea I guess it does make symptoms worse! I felt a lot better the next day after sleeping!!! and soskis I hope you feel better and find time to get some sleep :)