Gloves

I know many of us use compression hose, I was wondering if anyone else uses some kind of glove? For the last several months I have been buying up all kinds of gloves, stretch silky or microfiber (depending on weather), some official isotoners some just novelty gloves on sale. I've been cutting the finger tips out (what a fasion statement at work!) but for me .... especially when I get those tremors or dizzy feeling, having a tight glove seems to help.

Maybe it's my imagination -- but I'll take the placebo effect any day! :-)

Anyone else trying this?

EM

Guest tearose

Yes! I use compression gloves and even gauntlets which have no fingertips! I use Juzo or Jobst. I prefer Juzo because of the larger selection of fabric contents and styles...

I use a compression arm sleeve too!

One of the "blessings" of having to deal with lymphedema was learning about the many ways to "compress" a body to either get excess lymph fluid moving out or getting blood pressure to a better place. I have a medical grade sequential compression pump that has "sleeve" for a leg and a "sleeve" for an arm.

Back to gloves... just stay away from velcro! They destroy the fabric and these compression items are expensive.

Are you swelling EM or just trying to improve circulation of blood in your hands and arms? Have you ever considered compressing your splanchnic / abdomen?

tearose

You might want to investigate the comercially available compression garments (shrits and long shorts), which I see advertised every weekend at my local sporting goods shops.

Nina

Thank you Tearose and Nina. I'll look up those links.

I never have any swelling -- can't retain water at all. The tight gloves just 'feel' good and I feel like I shake less.

I wish I could wear something - anything on my abdomin, because I certainly get so "poofy" on my otherwise small/slender frame. But I can't even wear pantyhose or anything with a waist band or I'll aggrevate my IBS. Terrible pain.

Arms / legs I can do.

Thanks again for the tips.

EM

Are you swelling EM or just trying to improve circulation of blood in your hands and arms?  Have you ever considered compressing your splanchnic / abdomen?

tearose

I've been told that compressing my abdomen might help. Has anyone tried it? Did it help you? And where do you get compression for the abdomen?

Thanks!

Pam :)