What Helps Abdominal Pooling?

alicios

Hi guys.

I have realized that I have major abdominal pooling - especially when it's really hot outside and I'm standig or sitting for a while. I noticed today that my pulse goes way down when I do kegel exercises:-) Strange! As soon as I stop my pulse goes up again. I guess that only further supports that I have abdominal pooling. Do midodrine help with this or only leg pooling. I tried abdominal binders and it seems to help but it so uncomfortable! Is there any medicine that has helped any of you guys with the abdominal pooling?

I am not yet really sure, it's still too early - but I take midodrine since 2 days and besides some other things I realised that my gastrointestinal issues (IBS-like) started to improve!

This leads me to the conclusion that my gastro-issues were in fact all due to abdominal pooling - otherwise midodrine wouldn't be able to resolve them, as it "only" works as a vasoconstrictor.

So maybe, midodrine could be a solution for you too?

Hi again

Thaks for the replies:) I read some articles on Octreotide and POTS and it sounds promising. I will ask my doc about next week.

I tried midodrine 5 mg a few times but I don't really see a difference in my bp. Maybe I need a higher dose or maybe it just doesn't work for me? I'm taking a PPI at the moment and that actually seems to work a bit lowering my heart rate - have no idea why?? I also tried florinef but I get a lot of bloating and anxiety with that so I'm slowly cutting my dose down. It didn't really do much for my pb anyway. So far the kegel exercises is the only thing I tried that seems to raise my bp and lower my heart rate but only while I'm doing it and that for sure isn't a long time solution:-) At least I won't have a probleme with incontinence any time soon:-)

I read on another post that ppi's could function as a vasoconstricter of some sort. Maybe that's why it helps me a bit.

Goschi : A PPI is a 'protone pump inhibitor' that is used in GERD and other gastro disturbances. It lowers the amount of acid that is produced.

Goschi : A PPI is a 'protone pump inhibitor' that is used in GERD and other gastro disturbances. It lowers the amount of acid that is produced.

Thanks! Have heard about such a device, but didn't know how it's called. If it has vasoconstrictive effect, would be worth a try!?

I've been wondering about abdominal pooling recently. I get a lot more nauseous when I stand, and I wondered if this could be anything to do with abdominal pooling? Also, weird question, but if you are pooling can you necessarily see your skin going purple?

Alicios - I'm sorry I don't know about any medications that could help you, but have you tried anything like shapewear shorts? I know some people use them, and I think they are probably more comfortable than a binder?

Goschi I don't think PPI should be used unless you have stomach issues. They do have a lot of side effects and I don't think it's a good long term solution. Did you try midodrine?

*before t.m.'- I don't get the nausea that much but I can tell that my skin gets redish when I sit for a while. I also get this thight feeling in my chest and shortness of breath when i sit or stand too long. I guess we all get different kinds of symptoms from the same issues. I tried spanx pantie hose that extend high above my tummy but I don't get much relief from those. I don't really like anything tight around my upper body - not even a bra!

I think I'll talk to my dodctor about a higher dose midodrine or possible trying octreotide.