Anxiety Attacks :/

We had a bad storm earlier this evening. It started around 6. It got darker and darker then the wind really picked up it looked so creepy out. Then we got a severe thunderstorm warning. My anxiety was so high for like an hour and a half. Then I find out there is a tornado warning like 40 minutes away! The storms are over now but I am still all anxious and not feeling well. It stinks. I hate having anxiety. Does anxiety cause dysautonomia to flare? because when I get really anxious I just don't feel well. lightheaded, and really hot. then I just don't feel well for a little while after. Do any of you get like this? if it is just a normal storm I am fine but severe ones I get so nervous!!!! I hate how afterwards after my anxiety I just feel blah for a while after! anyone else get this?

Sorry you're having this issue on top of dysautonomia. Even people I know with only anxiety describe to me the symptoms you are having and that it takes a while for them to recover afterward. I don't think you're alone. Are you getting some help for your anxiety so you can learn some coping mechanisms? There is pretty good behavioral therapy that can teach you ways to cope and things to do when you're having an anxiety attack.

My son does not like storms either. When I know they are coming, I try to pull a few tricks out of my bag. Sometimes they work and sometimes not. If the power goes out, it can mess some of these activities up. Tyler likes homemade sugar and chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. So I bake and Tyler will help mix up the cookie dough. The mixing part is physical therapy for him. He has to use a spoon. Sometimes we play his favorite board game like monopoly or Dad will challenge him to a game on the X-box. These activities help keep his mind off the weather sometimes. The other thing I do is turn off the TV off so we don't have to constantly see the weather warnings or or storm paths. My cell phone has been programed like a weather radio to get the warnings from the national weather service. The app is free and the cell phone stays with me. I also get a free text from my local weather channnel.

I don't have a problem with storms and stuff from an anxiety point of view but I will say that they seem to make me more symptomatic - POTS-wise - which can then trigger some anxiety. It sounds a bit crazy but I tend to know when a downpour's coming well before it arrives, I'll start feeling a bit 'off' and then the heavens open.