Do You Have Colon Problems

gertie

I have IBS and when colon cramps are bad I also have syncope. I have times I can eat without a problem but then have bouts where everything I eat seems to trigger colon spasms. I don't have diarrhea just hard spasms. I feel stress & anxiety makes these episodes worse. Does anyone else have these symptoms? Thanks.

I am occasionally woken up by severe colon pain that radiates down. It lasts about 45 minutes, and if I try to walk it off, my legs become very weak. I have also experienced sweats and lightheadedness with it. I think it is related to the Dysautonomia. I spoke to my Gastroenterologist about 20 years ago (I didn't have an ANS crash until two and a half years ago), and he said there is not much that can be done. So, I ride it out, and just fall asleep without knowing the pain has stopped. It is really strange. I have had a few times that it has happened during the day.

Thanks for reply. When mine first started it seemed it was always in the night but as I've gotten older it hits anytime. Sounds like same symptoms you have except I get nausea & I usually end up in bathroom. I've tried walking it off, but as you say my legs start getting numb & weak so I usually get close to a BR & sit with my head down hoping I won't pass out.