Mri Of Heart

My cardiologist barely talked to me about my test results for my echocardiogram and stress test. He is thinking of doing an MRI of my heart though but he wants to see what my pulmonologist thinks first (they are good friends) and then he'll see me that same day. That's on July 14th. I looked it up and it said that's often needed if they need more info after an echo but he didn't tell me anything. I called the office 2hours ago for my results since he didn't tell me and I'm still waiting for a nurse to call me back. I really wanna take a nap and don't know if I should wait or not. I don't even understand anything. I don't even understand the possible things that could be wrong with my heart that could cause my symptoms. Starting to think it's another stupid test though and that they will never run out of things to test me for. Also have an MRI this Wednesday for my neck and I absolutely despise MRI's. I feel sooo claustrophobic because of my oxygen problems.

On a side note I'm depressed about this whole thing. I'm so mad they didn't at least try to treat the crazy tachycardia. That's the thing though. Nobody ever treats me even when there is stuff they can do. All they do is run more tests and I have to wait until they run out of tests I guess. I'm so sick and idk why nobody will treat any of my symptoms. I feel like nobody cares how sick I feel of what happens to me because nobody has tried to get my o2 up or my heart rate down at the least.

Hi. I feel so much for you. I told my friend that I am either very "high" after a dr. Appt. because I feel listened to and hopeful or "low low low" because I don't feel validated or hopeful. Hang in there! You are not alone. And, there just can't be THAT many tests left! Goodness gracious. I know you have been through the ringer. Did you ask them if you could please have the oxygen while waiting for further tests? Maybe they want to know the mechanism of the dysfunction before formulating your treatment? I have no idea. Thoughts are with you.

Thank you for the message. I've been feeling very low today and your message helped. I didn't realize there were more tests either. They never called back either which was upsetting. My husband is coming with me to my pulmonologist on the 14 th and he is more assertive then me so I'll ask him since my cardiologist blew me off today and doesn't have any plans apparently. I doubt insurance will even care though. I'm just so frustrated with the medical system today.

Hi, I'm so sorry about what you've been going through. I understand how frustrated you feel at the medical profession for not having answers for you. I've had chronic illness for many years and one of the difficult things to do is to organize myself for and manage expectations about office visits. With complicated cases they often want to be sure of themselves before they proceed with treatment. That's probably what's happening with you, or it could be that your echo is normal and because of your symptoms he wants to be sure he isn't missing anything. It does sound like the doctor cares about you by being thorough and practicing good medicine, even if the beside manner and staff quality are lacking.

But, absolutely you should be privy to your health care information including test results, and you should know what his line of thinking is for ordering an MRI. Sometimes what I do if I don't get a return phone call, is that I call again and mention I'll call back in two days (or whatever) if I don't hear back.

I agree, keep calling until you get some answers. It's frustrating, I think it's great that your doctor is doing an MRI. He must think that he is not getting the whole picture of your situation. With the problems you are having, they need to be running test. It does get expensive and time consuming. However, the goal is to get you back to a normal functioning lifestyle. Never lose sight of this goal.

When you really started getting bad, Did you by any chance have some type of virus or flu? The reason I ask is because I have wondered about something that happened to my own son. His tremors really started after a virus and I was wondering if this symptom occured after you had been sick with a virus.

If you had a virus before this happened, you might want to check out Guillain Barre Syndrome. The respiratory muscles are affected and so is the ans. There are 6 different subtypes and it's a clinic diagnosis. I usually don't go to Wikipedia to do research but I learned about the subtypes there. This does sound like it has something to do with your heart and lungs. So I would like to encourage you to hang in there with your doctors. Whatever this is, It may be the underlying cause of your POTS. Keep your chin up and stay strong.

@xrobin my husband is calling today and he's more assertive then me so hopefully he gets some answers. That's true too. Maybe my echo is fine and that's why he didn't say anything and he is just being thorough. I still wish they'd give me something for the oxygen and tachycardia though.

@looneymom nope. That was one of the first things I thought back to to make sure when I got sick but I haven't gotten a bad virus for 4yrs and didn't even have a regular cold around when I got sick.