Narrowing Pulse Pressure

lewis

I have read others having this problem. I have a problem with narrowing pulse pressure only when I am sleeping and it is uncomfortable and makes it so I can't sleep well. I am on proprandolol and it has helped with some of my issues however I still have the narrowing pulse pressure while sleeping. Is there anything that someone has tried to help with this? I sleep with the bed elevated. Thanks-

Mine happens more when I'm up and about--it was so close the other day that the nurse where I work couldn't actually hear a bp at all on one side, and when she switched to the other it was 90/100. No wonder I felt icky.

It's because there is very little difference between the pressure in your brachial artery when your heart pumps and the pressure in it in between contractions. It's usually caused in POTS by reduced venous return to the heart (blood pooling). When very little blood returns to the heart, there isn't much to pump out, and thus systolic pressure can go quite low, not much higher than diastolic.