I Ate Icecream And Then Shivered For The Next Hour

My body's ability to regulate temperature is such a joke. I ate a small ice cream in a normal time frame and then shivered violently with my teeth chattering under 2 blankets for the next hour. Like how does that even happen? You hear of people becoming cold after eating ice cream if they eat it too fast or something but they don't sit there shivering violently with their teeth chattering under 2 blankets for the next hour. Does this type of stuff happen to anyone else? I was hoping that things like ice cream would help me cool down this summer since I have such problems with heat in the summer, but apparently it looks like it will just throw me at the other extreme.

That is me exactly! There is such a fine- or, as my family likes to say, "dotted line" between too hot and too cold. One minute I'll be practically fainting from overheating, and the next minute my teeth are threatening to chatter right out of my mouth! Ice-cream leaves me feeling frigid for a long time, much like it does to you. So... for being abnormal, that's pretty normal. :P

That is me exactly! There is such a fine- or, as my family likes to say, "dotted line" between too hot and too cold. One minute I'll be practically fainting from overheating, and the next minute my teeth are threatening to chatter right out of my mouth! Ice-cream leaves me feeling frigid for a long time, much like it does to you. So... for being abnormal, that's pretty normal. :P

Haha I like your last line. I'm glad at least in this community it's normal :) How do you deal with it? I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to keep cool this summer on outings and I don't want to throw myself in the other direction and start shivering.