Adrenal Hyperplasia?

Gemma

Hi was anyone told they might have adrenal hyperplasia? One endo doctor diagnosed me with an adult onset of adrenal hyperplasia based on blood work. She gave me steroids to take. I went to another doctor for second opinion, but he said he is not sure I have it. So, i went to a 3rd endo doc who is affiliated with the university hospital and is a professor there, so he will go thru my results and let me know his opinion.

I wonder if anyone here was ever told that they might have it, and can it be affiliated with POTS?

Thanks.

Can I ask what labs showed up as positive? Each adrenal has a small nodule on it, but my 17-OH? or whatever it is that was tested was normal. However, I started having worsening issues with facial/body hair in my late 40s(I'm 54 now), so always wondered. My testosterone is always normal, but I've never had my free T tested.

I do know that about 15 years ago a holistic MD put me on a low dose of Cortef(5 mg.), and I felt wonderful...awake and alive! Back then I didn't really understand cortisol, etc. I quit it under a year later. In the last few years I've read a TON on adrenal issues, and realized that adrenal hyperplasia people usually take a small dose like I was on. I then wondered if that was why I had felt so good...that I had this, and that Cortef was the missing piece.

Did the cortisone help you?

Hi, my 17OH was 3 times elevated. There were some other abnormalities as well. My DHEA elevated, cortisol elevated, prolactin a little elevated and something else. But main concern was my 17OH three times high of the norm. However, my ACTH stimulation test was normal. One doctor says I have it, and the other says that I don't. My periods are normal, but I have problems conceiving. Actually got pregnant few years ago, but had a miscarriage. Doctor gave me dexamethasone, is it similar to what you have been taking?

I wonder if that is all I need. I have not tried it yet. Instead my primary put me on zoloft recently, but now I don't know maybe I don't even need zoloft, but need steroids.