Scary Week Coming Up!

Hey, everyone! I have a SUPER scary week coming up, and would appreciate any tips you have for getting through it as best as possible. I am in a theater production that preforms this week, and I have three-four hour long practices every day this week, as well as performances. I am rather nervous about it, as it's my first serious show since POTS became an issue. Also, this same week, (and the day after my theater show) I have a dance performance. I am only in two dances, thankfully. I'm pretty much preparing and expecting a huge crash next week, which might be good for my doctor's visits. It can be a good thing to feel less good at a visit so that they see what I'm really experiencing. I guess I'm just trying to stay optimistic.

Do you have any tips for staying hydrated and cooling off while in the hot costumes? I can't take them off, and I can't spray water on them. Is there anything else I should remember as I go about my week? Prayers and positive thoughts are also much appreciated.

There used to be a scarf that you could wet down and tie around your neck. I have seen them in the sporting good department for hikers and they stay cool for a long time. Tyler likes to use these in the summer time. I would also have plenty of gatorade on hand that you could sip on and hopefully be near a restroom for a break. Hope all goes well and have fun.

There used to be a scarf that you could wet down and tie around your neck.

I used to make something like this for dogs - sew some of those water retaining crystals that people put in potted plants into a little sleeve with long ties. Then soak it in water and refrigerate for a while and you have a cool, damp neck wrap.

Best of luck, anabanana!

I'm in awe and so excited for you. My daughter was in a play last year and I couldn't go and watch her let alone be a part of the play. Sitting behind the stage, water, snacks...the dollar store has these wrap around ice packs used for knee and elbow injuries. I've oven thought it'd work for us. Might work under heavy costumes. Can't what to hear the details. What is your character like?

It's a bit funny actually, because I'm the sickly one... And they cast me as this part before they knew about my illness. :P Thankfully, this means I have the lest strenuous part in the performance, and I get a nice, dramatic death scene, as well. I really feel like I can connect with this character, and understand why she says and does what she does. It's probably the most suited part I've ever gotten.

Thanks for all of the tips, guys. They will have plenty of snacks and water backstage for all cast members, and we have gotten special permission for me to have some kind of electrolyte enhanced drink backstage with me. (Do you guys know of any non-staining, non-colored drink similar to Gatorade, Vitamin Water, etc.?) I will definitely be hanging out in the room with the A/C as much as possible when I'm not on stage. Prayers and healing thoughts are much appreciated, and I will be sure to keep everyone updated on how it goes!

When you're in the ac room also lay down with your legs propped up, so you can reset your body before getting up again. I do this all the time when trying to get things done and it really helps, even if things take longer.

Oh also I heard coconut water is full of natural electrolytes, but look that up and double check.