Ectopic Beats - Not Stopped For A Week?

E246

Hi,

I have always had lots of chest pain and different types of heart rates fast and slow.

Then a week ago i started getting almost continuous ectopic beats that feel like missed beats and make me lose my breath. They feel uncomfortable particularly when they happen repeatedly and whether because of these beats or separately i have also been feeling very unwell.

I went to the docs who sent me to hospital so i know it is ectopic beats. Of course they were completely unsympathetic and i found nothing out.

They get better and worse but have not gone away for a week.

Can anyone throw any light on this or have similar problems.

Thanks

I get PVC's which are exceedingly uncomfortable--but mine only come that quickly when my magnesium levels are too low--which happened to me 2x in the past few weeks. The first time was so low that the ER infused me with magnesium.

From what my doctor has told me, as long as your ecg and echo are normal, ectopic beats and/or pvc's like I get are not something to be concerned about. However, if you've you've not had those tests done, it may be something to consider asking your doctor about. Also, I had blood work in the ER showing my blood salts were off For me it was magnesium, but calcium and potassium also can provoke disturbances.

here's info on magnesium deficiency http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/

calcium http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-HealthProfessional/

Thanks,

They said all the tests in A&E were ok and an ecg showed ectopics - is that PACs.

It doesn't make much sense to me but it's continuous and just started all of a sudden.

I have times when this acts up for me as well. I can have a week or more with significant rate of ectopic beats. It's disturbing, I know. I try to ignore and continue life as normal b/c I know they are benign in my case. As Nina said you could have a slight imbalance in electrolytes. This can happen to me too, inexplicably. I find that increased fluids can help reduce mine often, at least temporarily.