Delayed "mini Crash" After Laying Down?

Goschi

Today I experienced once again, what I do know quite well since a few months:

I was washing dishes and did some other work in the kitchen, when I realised it's time to go supine.

After I did, I felt the Pots-symptoms improving within a few moments.

BUT: About 10 minutes later (still in bed) I suddenly became very nauseous, extremely dizzy, almost close to a near syncope! My hr and bp went up significantly. It took me another 30 minutes to get out of this "spell".

Did anyone else ever experience this kind of "delayed crash" after laying down? Any thoughts what could be the reason for it...?

I experienced this yesterday after a few good days in a row. Sat to have snack with my son.. Felt bad, laid down BP went up but not heart rate.. New symptom though.. Cold clammy, sweat. On top of nausea lightheaded feelings. Went to urgent care. All ok. BP was higher than my norm 130/82... No rhyme nor reason. Been there done that or doing that... Great question. Looking for answer myself

All of my 'crashes' or 'spells' have been while sitting or lying down with the same symptoms that you described. Haven't had one since starting beta blocker and midodrine though--knock wood!!!

My cardiologist didn't offer any explanation of why it happens when lying down. I've had other doctors says it doesn't make sense that it's dysautonomia if it happens when lying down (I guess they think you can only have symptoms when standing???)

Yes. This is my completely weak unscientific wondering...

#1 I wonder if our body is doing all sorts of crazy stuff when we are standing to keep us that way. When we lay down, all of the mechanisms put into action for us to be able stand don't stop right away. Then, when our body realizes we are supine and starts sending out those signals, it tries to adjust, but our bodies just aren't normal, so the difference between what needs to happen when we are upright vs supine is very different than it is for a normal body, so things go haywire as it tries to figure out what to do

#2 I wonder if when we are standing, our body is working hard to keep us that way, then when we first lay down, our body hasn't switched from what is was doing in standing mode and is still working extra hard on top of being supine helping, so things are good. Then, after a bit, our body realizes we are supine and it doesn't have to work extra hard compensate to keep us from injuring ourselves or organs not getting enough blood, so it just stops doing whatever it was doing and we feel like crud.

I get these sometimes too. I've always thought it was sort of like...when I'm upright my body releases lots of adrenaline to keep me going and sometimes it may cover the fact that I'm getting worn out. And then when I lay down and the adrenaline subsides, I feel all the fatigue, lightheadedness, etc that was building while I was up. I'm not sure if this is true but it makes sense to me, especially since it usually happens when I know I've been upright a bit too long.