Fasting To Prevent Blood Pooling?

spinner

All the "experts" recommend multiple small nutritious meals--particularly to start your day to establish

consistent blood sugar.

I do MUCH better when I skip food until midafternoon.

My energy level is good. The second I eat it plunges.

Anyone else?

Anyone ever done a longer fast and seen longterm results?

I remember that when I was very sick w POTS I always felt my worst after eating in the AM. I am sure due to pooling in response to eating. I was either pregnant or breastfeeding at this time so fasting was not an option/good idea. But I think I would have avoided eating until later in the morning, otherwise. I also remember that my symptoms would be more tolerable if I drank a lot of fluid along with eating in the AM. Maybe drinking fluids only in the AM is something to try, depending on how disabling the symptoms are. I was so disabled particularly in the mornings that I was unable to work, for months.

Obviously this is in conjunction with moving slow and taking it easy physically in the morning. And staying hydrated.

But it seems that creating blood pooling or vagus problems is not smart early on

I am very interested in this topic. I am currently feeling quite well, having only eaten a few small things all day. But am utterly frustrated as I keep getting told that my low BMI is a problem. I discovered recently that many of my symptoms occur 1-2 hours after eating. I was already trying to eat small meals and do the high salt/fluid thing. (I have cut back on the fluids b/c that didn't seem to be helping.) So for the last couple weeks, I am pretty much only grazing. I am trying to follow a diet made for people with rapid gastric emptying and I think it is helping. But I am starting to slowly lose weight again :-( Discouraged.

Guess I should add that I recently ordered a blood sugar monitor also to try to see what's going on there. My blood work for glucose levels was normal though last time.

Food is basically my enemy. I have terrible nausea issues, and that was what sent me on my journey for a diagnosis in the first place. I have so much trouble eating because of this, and have noticed that I haven't eaten nearly enough for any given day. I would generally avoid fasting completely, but eating smaller meals is supposed to be a good thing. I also have found that smoothies do tend to cause less blood pooling, and you can pack a lot of meaningful nutrients into those babies.