Amitriptyline Or Other Tcas Anyone?

Freaked

A GP just prescribed me amitriptyline cos I'm very stressed by how bad my POTS/dysautonomia has gotten, docs here can't prescribe benzodiazepines and he doesn't really believe POTS is real I don't think (he certainly knows nothing about it). But I know it increases adrenaline and I have hyperPOTS with very bad nausea, sweating problems, tachycardia, panic, etc. I'm worried this will make me worse or make me have seizures altogether. Anyone have experience with it?

Is it possible to cut it in into small pieces and try just a small piece first? Then you can try increasing your dose slowly if you have no bad effects.

I'm worried about the same thing, sue. Yeah IceLizard I could try that. But I think it's already a very low dose at least, since I don't actually have depression. I just know I'll feel like hanging out near an a and e again in case my tachycardia or adrenaline symptoms get even more out of hand. I hate how crazy this thing makes me act, but it's like living with someone threatening you with a big stick all the time :-/