Body Temp Weirdness Anyone?

Freaked

For the last month I've been getting daily fevers of 37.5-38C (99.5-100.4F). My bloods have normally been okay during this, with occasionally slightly raised white blood cells that docs said may have been from stress. As well as making me feel lousy, it's freaking me out cos POTS patients don't normally seem to get them. But I do know many potsies have low body temps at times. What are everyone else's readings like? Anyone else get fevers sometimes?

When I first began to get sick with dysautonomia, I ran low-grade fevers - between 100-101 degrees F - all day, every day - That was many years ago. I still occasionally run a low grade fever with generalized body aches and fatigue. The difference now is that I do know the fever that is associated with dysautonomia versus other more serious causes. Sometimes the low-grade fever is the onset of a flare and if I hit my medicines hard, I can keep it at bay. My dysautonomia is autoimmune in origin and it is quite common to run fevers with autoimmune disorders.

Freaked- when did you get sick originally? There has been some interesting research coming out of Stanford and Columbia Universities recently talking about inflammatory markers that are elevated (other than ANA, SED, CRP) in ME/CFS patients, especially in the first 3 years after illness onset. They aren't ones that are usually tested for in the doctor's office at this point but may be in the future. But the point is, that there is clearly some inflammatory process that is set off and may be the cause of these low grade fevers in people initially.

I ran low grade temps for the first couple years after I became ill and now I usually have a very low body temp. I haven't been able to run a fever the past couple years. Even when I had pneumonia last year, despite being desperately ill and everyone else who had the same thing I had running very high temps, the highest I got was 99.

Some years back I was regularly taking my temp only to find it was low range. Consistently. Yet I felt overheated. I did wonder if the overheated feeling was my body's attempt to get my core temp up to normal but couldn't get an answer out of any doc.

I've been meaning to buy a new thermometer so I can start doing it again because the feeling of being internally overheated is happening more often than it's not now.

However, I often feel very much like I did on the first day of the vomiting virus I just experienced. Really hot -- radiating heat. The heat (and while not able to take my temp I know I had a definite high temp. Don't know how high but hubby said I was radiating) caused by the virus was more intense but internal heat, dry skin all felt the same way.

I don't know.....maybe fluctuating temps on a normal daily basis, maybe mostly low, maybe internal inflammation making me feel hot (is that possible?)....docs have no answers to this one, for me.

blue