Brain Fog Vs Derealization

Goschi

Hi everybody,

while I am sure I do have brain fog when being upright, I also seem to have a slighter form of "fog" when I am supine.

Before I got my POTS diagnosis, all my symptoms were regarded to be "in my head" - as so many of us, the only diagnosis I got for years was "anxiety disorder" and "depression". When I spoke about my "foggy mind", the psych. docs told me, I suffered from "derealization".

Today I (luckily) know I have a physical condition which causes my symptoms in general. However, I do feel quite "foggy" most of the time when I am lying down. Does this mean, I could actually have "derealization" in addition to "brain fog"...?

Maybe this is mostly a question of terminology? The definitions of brain fog as well as of derealization both don't seem very concise to me, to be honest.

How about your experiences / thoughts...? Do some of you feel "foggy, when supine? Have anyone ever been told, they had in fact "derealization"...?

I have brain fog most of my life!!! The hard part is I do have anxiety disorders but different times my foggy feeling causes my anxiety. It is hard to decipher if it really is my anxiety or if it is just brain fog. For me brain fog is feeling out of it like tired and sometimes things seem strange like kind of like am I really here spacy feeling. People always told me its anxiety and stuff then I was diagnosed with dysautonomia which they told me to drink more and increase salt. They also said to exercise more. I don't have much brain fog when I exercise. My cardiologist said that for me lying down all day would make me feel worse. When I get up and move around I feel better. Have you tried lying on your stomach? for most of my teen years I was not able to lie flat on my back or I would get dizzy. Sleeping on my stomach works maybe you could try that? I hope you feel better!!!