Low Heart Rate Lying Down?

Freaked

My HR and BP have both been lower the past few days. For example I was lying down a minute ago and my HR was in the 50s, and I kept getting this horrible feeling like I'd stopped breathing or my heart had stopped and waking myself up. I know that before I was sick my drowsy HR would often be in the 50s and that was fine, but it hasn't been since then and now I think it's giving me low BP. Anyone get this?

Hi Freaked, yes, I get this too and know the feeling that you mean.

My resting heart rate is always low 50s but typically goes into 40s lying down and even high 30s. I was taking bisoprolol (not sure of US name) but unfortunately decided to stop because of lying down heart rate. Now I take propanolol twice a day (not evenings or times when I'm going to lie down). I also have low BP.

My GP says not to let it go into 30s - not sure exactly how I stop this! :) I have seen a rheumatologist who said it's the trade off from taking a beta blocker to combat high heart rates. I am seeing the doctor I see for PoTs at the end of April and intend to ask about this then. WIll let you know outcome.

Barbara

Yes, I definitely get this a LOT! On one of my holter monitor tests my pulse went down to 39. I absolutely feel horrible when my heart rate is at 50 or below. I called my cardiologist about it this week and he said, "Wear your compression garments and eat lots of salt, stay hydrated." Gee, thanks...lol! The nurse said with dysautonomia I will just days days that are not so good and to rest on those days.

I get this when I am just on the moment between awake and asleep, it'll feel like my heart's stopped for second longer than it should, and sometimes I gasp a breath in feeling like I've almost just died! It's scary and if it happens a couple nights in a row I sort of dread falling asleep for fear it'll happen again. And trust me I want to fall asleep! Just sans the heart stoppage feeling. I've had 2 holter monitors and many ecg's and my heart is fine, but it's still scary!