Shingle Vaccine

Wmtate

Since my autonomic problem is or best we know is caused by autoimmune system. So, has anyone had this vaccine? I do not know if I should take the vaccine or not. I would not want my problem get any worse. I do get the flu vaccine every year. What do you think?

All I can speak from is my experience with the Shingles vaccine. I have AAG dysautonomia and my physician recommended I take the vaccine. So, I took the vaccine and within a few hours knew something was terribly wrong. I began having flu-like symptoms that worsened by the minute. By the afternoon, I was home in bed with terrible body aches. When the fever hit over 102 degrees, I was hospitalized with an "adverse" reaction to the vaccine. I have always been able to take vaccines without any issues - except this one. Turns out, unlike most vaccines, it is an attenuated live virus - a small dose of the actual virus. Most vaccines are killed viruses and not live. After a few days in the hospital and out of work for 2 weeks, I recovered. I will never take the vaccine again - it is good only for about 5 years or so. I also now look at any vaccine I'm asked to take to see what type it is. If I am ever offered a dose of a live virus, I will decline. I would certainly talk this over very seriously with your physician before blindly taking the shot - if you have any autoimmune compromise or difficulties, be aware you may have an adverse reaction and become terribly ill.

Our doctor has told us that Tyler should not be given any shots that are live viruses. Like Soskis said, check with your doctor. If you are autoimmune comprimised, you may want to avoid these shots.

I think it's safer to get the vaccine than it is to catch the actual Shingles, because Shingles looks horribly painful. Just ask your doctor about any side effects or adverse reactions to expect