Neurosurgeon's Appointment

Katybug

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I went to my cardio because I called to ask a question about my meds for the surgery. Her assistant called me back and brought me in for a "pre-op" appt the next day. It turns out I am now being sent for a nuclear stress test! Ugh! She said if I tell the pre-op team that I've had any chest pain in the last 3 months, most likely, the anesthesiologist will refuse to put me under unless I've had a nuclear stress test. Soooo, another 4 hour test for me. I'm glad my cardio is awesome and is proactive but I'm so tired of being used as a human pin cushion. I'm sure I will glow brighter than Christmas lights by the time we figure out how to get me back to functional!

Hi Katybug,

For that test do you have to be on a treadmill? I last all of 2 minutes when I try to run on one (I don't try to run anymore, just walk). I hope the test does not make you feel more ill, and I hope your surgery in June helps relieve some of your symptoms!

Best wishes!

I am going to try the treadmill. I was able to hit the target rate in 2011 just walking with incline so we're going to try that first. I actually am pretty good while walking (although the incline will make me huff and puff pretty heavily). The problem came the last time once they took off the monitors and stopped the treadmill. The 2 techs had to catch me and drag me over to the exam table in the room. The Eds doesn't allow me to run at all. My cardio was just going to skip the treadmill and have them medically induce the target rate but I assume that's the same meds they use to make your heart rate shoot up on a ttt and that made me feel like I was having a heart attack. ...it was super scary. So, I begged her to let me try the treadmill first. She's good with that but made sure I know that if I can't get to the target rate, they'll have to use the meds.

Thanks for the well wishes.