Fludrocortisone?

Clb75

Hello, I just started on this a few days ago to see if it helps with my dizziness. I am still getting dizzy after about 30 minutes being upright. I am hoping this will help. How long does this take to start working? Any tips on how to increase salt in your diet? I'm drinking coconut water for potassium and fluids is this enough?

Thanks!

For me, the Florinef helped, but it took a while to kick in. It was really so gradual that, for me, I didn't really entirely notice the improvement until I started going off of it. Now I'm realizing how much it helped me... I'm doing .1 twice a day, and I'm trying Midodrine again after a failed attempt to start that.

As for increasing your salt, I do salt tablets because I really don't like how salt tastes. I also do Ramen Noodles frequently for lunch, and broth is another good option. I also drink Gatorade, especially on days when I know I'm going to be doing a lot of stuff.

When I was on florinef, it took about 3 months for me to really feel a consistent difference. It was gradual. It wasn't like I woke up and was like "wow....I don't feel dizzy and dehydrated"! I just noticed over time that everything wasn't as much of a struggle as it had been.

I'm on 0.1 twice a day, and I agree, its taken a bit to feel different on it. Still struggling with some stuff, but I can see where it's helping. I do wish I didn't have to be on so much though, as my migraines got worse on it, and are still pretty harsh.

I think Florinef has helped me the most. It does take a little bit though for you to start feeling the effects. But my episodes of "seeing spots" and dimming vision while standing have decreased a lot. I still have them occasionally but it's not nearly as often before. And when I had to stop the medication for testing I noticed a drastic difference in how I felt off of it!