Stupid Psychiatrist

JuneFlower

The dumb dr actually said that all my daughters cardiac symptoms were a somatization of stress. What a quack !!

I guess when she lays down, she has no stress but drops her pressure and has tachycardia for more than 10 minutes on standing bc it's in her head!

I fired him and walked out.

Just want to cry lately

Requested an IEP for daughter. They are having the meeting right away but all of a sudden the nice guidance counselor has turned ugly and evil and defensive and we may need a lawyer .

June

corona-somehow it does comfort me though I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone. I will find someone soon. It's just impossible to get a good pediatric psychiatrist. And forget about one that takes insurance. They don't exist.

Thanks Katybug and Naomi! It's nice to be supported. I really need that understanding right now.

June

Hi June

If your school district is giving you the run around, call the state department of education and let them know the situation. They may be able to calm the waters for you. If not, then call the lawyer but give your school system a chance. They must understand that this illness is not Psychological. Do you have any medical documention that you can bring to IEP meeting stating that she has been diagnosed with POTS? If they ask for her to be tested for a learning disability, I would not agree to this. Her illness may be causing learning problems and there's no reason to throw another label on her such as learning disability or emotional distrubed. These labels are used in the state of Oklahoma. Your daughter's sickness effects the heart. Anxiety is caused by the illness so don't let anyone label your daughter. Check and see if your daughter can qualify under Other Health Impairment. For this catagory you have to prove that a health problem is interfering with educational needs. PM if you need more information.

Sorry you are having to go through this. We had the opposite, the psychologist believed it was a physical problem while the medical doctors believed it was a psychological problem. Move on to the next doctor, you will find the ones that are helpful and disregard those that aren't and don't look back at them. You and your daughter are in our thoughts and prayers.

Christy

You could seek out an advocate to help you at the IEP meeting. They won't let you get pushed around.

Hi JuneFlower, sorry you are going through this. I had a Neurologist tell me the same thing. I hope you find a good replacement.