Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations?

Ctat333

Good morning, hope everyone is having a great day today!

I use an app on my phone by Azumio called the The Heart Rate Monitor. I feel its reliable, and I love that it has a pleth wave graph to show beat to beat HR variability. Truthfully though, sometimes I get more freaked out by my heart rhythm then my heart rate! I had an ablation almost 3 years ago for SVT and was told that it was considered a sucess. About 6 months ago, maybe a bit longer, I started having "episodes" again. They aren't quite the same as the SVT runs I had before my ablation, so they make me nervous since I'm not sure what the are. Since these new episodes have started, I tend to check my heart rate more frequently, not for the rate, but for the rhythm.

I have been looking into one of those HR watches. I would like something else besides an app on my phone. Does anyone have a recommendations for me? I really don't want to spend too much money, but I also want something that is reliable and good quality.

Thank you in advance!

I bought a HR watch from the drug store, and it is plain and simple. For six months it has been reliable. I think that I spent 30.00. There are better ones, but all I wanted it for was the HR. I imagine that it will last long enough to get the money out of it.

Yeah, I have that app also and the rhythm graph is all over the place, so I don't think it's accurate either.

For a monitor, Polar seems to be the best around (I base that on my years of belonging to exercise forums and reading other people's opinions-haha) but they're more pricey. The Polar I have (F6) has a chest strap which is more accurate and you get a continuous reading. They may have one that shows rhythm, but mine does not. It was around $80 a few years ago.

There are monitors without a chest strap but you have to put your fingers on little metal pads, so you only get a reading when you do that--not a continuous reading.

Thank you all for the reassurances on the rhythm. I was probably reading too much into it lol, not an uncommon thing for me to do!

I haven't looked too much into the chest strap monitors, so I will research that a bit. Thank you all for the suggestions...I feel like I have a good place to start now!