Fda And Droxidopa

Wmtate

After 20 years of trying FDA finally approved Droxidopa. This drug was approved this past Monday and was approved in Japan and other Asian countries over 20 years ago. My B/p can be as low as 60/45 standing and I cannot tolorate Mididrine or the other drugs for hypotension. The sad part my pressure goes to 230/115 sitting and pulse is alway 60 to 66 regardless of pressure. I called Chelsea pharmacies and they said it will be about Labor Day before they can get it to the market place. About two months ago I inquired through a connect in Japan but was told I would have to have a RX from a doctor in Japan. That stopped me from getting the drug from Japan. The drug is a pill and not a capsule. I will be able to break it in pieces such as a quarter and it has a half life of only 3.2 hours. I purchased PPA in a bottle of 1000 about 17 years ago and lasted me until about a year ago. I broke all rules on keeping medicine too long. The pills had turned yellow but never caused me a problem. A few years ago this medicine was removed from the market place but it worked great to bring my pressure up. I am not taking any medicines for the last 3 weeks. Dr. Robertson at Vanderbit allowed me to try 20 mg of Adderall and I did that for 3 months and at night my pressure would be 230/115 ,so I stopped it. I would take the 20gm of Adderall about 7:00 am and it was not the slow release but still would be in my system by night. Anyone know how I could get Droxidopa drug earlier than Labor Day?

I have heard about this drug. My son has been on Midodrine for a very long time. Our cardiologist has been looking for something else and said that eventually this drug would be coming to the US market. About 9 months ago, the Midodrine was hardly not working at all and my son was switched to

Desmopression for about 6 weeks. This medication did not work very well at all but it gave my son's body a long enough break from the Midodrine. The cardiologist put him back on the Midodrine and so far his blood pressures are staying up.

Have you tried Licorice Root? For some people, this seems to help keep their blood pressures up. There are some old post on Licorice root. You should be able to find them if you type in licorice root and press search button.

Rachel

I am almost afraid to try to raise my pressure due to a sitting pressure of 230/115. I will have to be sure whatever I try is a short life such as the Droxidopa and broken in pieces. Once Labor Day gets here I will post my results. I was told that one woman ran a 25 mile marathon after taking this drug. Actually two different people told me about her.

What I wonder has any of these been helpful to someone with normal blood pressure? I get blood pooling, but not low blood pressure. I am certain that improving on the blood pooling would improve my head symptoms, and seams that it would improve my heart rate. My heart rate is slightly improved with compression stockings and soon after a lot of water.

My doctor and I have been concerned about high blood pressure.