The Flu...yuck :(

MomWithPots

I just tested positive for the flu! I didn't get the flu shot bc I was afraid of any side effects..I'm really sensitive to meds. I had it last yr as well and didn't take anything by Tylenol. It was really bad and I passed out several time with it, mostly due to dehydration. Not to mention I missed 10 days of work...So my question is, has Tamiflu been safe with pots? I had a bad reaction to some meds last yr, not flu related & its definitely made me developed a phobia :(

Thanks for any replies!

I just took tamiflu a couple of weeks back when husband had the flu I didnt experience any side effects but the well known nausea that most people experience. Take it after eating food. Nausea only was the first 2 days. This is comming from someone who is extremelyyyy sensitive or allergic to pretty much every medicine. Also they say antivirals are tolerated a lot better by people then antibiotics. I say take it. You do not want complications from the flu. It did not affect my pots symptoms in any way.

I've never had any trouble with tamiflu but, my daughter gets very nauseated and generally does not feel well while taking tamiflu. When my mom became quite ill with the flu, the MD gave me the prescription for tamiflu and even though I was her primary care-giver, I didn't even get a cold out of the deal! I would take it again under similar circumstances.

I didn't take the flu shot a few years ago and came down not only with the flu but, horrible pneumonia as well - took months to get well. Now, I take the flu shot the minute it is available - may not totally prevent the flu but, will definitely lessen the symptoms and shorten the course of the flu.

Thank u both for the reply! Im gonna take it, don't think it can make me feel any worse than I do now *knock on wood!* It seems like nausea is a main side effect...I have an almost permanent feeling of nausea with my pots, so its a feeling I'm used too. After the second round of flu, ill suck it up next yr and take the shot! :)

Thanks guys, stay well!