Chiropractor Or Acupuncture

jbechtold00

I saw a chiro, and it didn't make much of a difference in anything as far as the POTS goes. He did the electro stimulation of the acupuncture points, but I've never had actual acupuncture done with the needles and all. I have a friend who lost his legs in Afghanistan and he had Acupuncture to help with the phantom limb and he swears by it, so that seems promising to me. If you do go about doing one, it might be a good idea to talk to your dr about it first.

Take Care

Fainting Goat

I started acupuncture but I’ve stopped it now because it’s impossible to know what’s going on with changes of medicine and dose etc. If I’m eventually drug free I’ll definitely give it another shot, but the whole ‘natural balancing’ part, for me, didn't really seem compatible with medication changes. You don't lose anything by trying though!

Tried acupuncture before I was ill and had a terrible reaction to it so have been afraid to try it again. However, was referred by an integrative med doc to an acupuncture doc locally who specializes in treating neurological cases. Took me over a year to get up the nerve to make an appt. They do specialized "scalp acupuncture" along with regular acupuncture.

I've only had about 5 sessions so too early to say for sure, but I did have a cold about 3 weeks ago and although it aggravated my POTS symptoms some while I was ill, once the cold was over, I was pretty much back to my baseline (which isn't very good these days). However, I am really excited because ever since POTS onset, when I've gotten any kind of virus, it will take me down for weeks, if not months, after the virus is gone. So, the fact that I was back to my baseline, or maybe even a little better has me optimistic that this might be helping. I'm also on high doses of anti-virals from my immunologist though so that may also be a factor.

I would ask around and get a lot of strong recommendations about any alternative medicine provider before you see one whichever way you decide to go.

Good Luck!