Hyperbaric Oxygen

yogini

I know that this topic has come up before, but not sure anyone here has tried hyperbaric oxygen. There is a place near me that is offering a new year's special, so I've made an appointment to try it tomorrow. I have an oxygen concentrator at home which I use sometimes, and is mildly helpful, but this should be more intense. I am not expecting any great changes one way or the other, but will report back. The special is for a few weeks, so I would consider going back if it helps.

The place also offers pulsation treatment (the thing where they attach cuffs to your legs which pump blood through your body to help it circulate). Pulsation has also come up on the forum as maybe being helpful to POTS. I may try that next if I can get a deal.

I just wanted to report back that my original appointment was canceled, but I tried this treatment this evening. I loved it! The chamber was more like a bag with a zipper. There was a lot of room in there - I didn't feel claustrophblic like in an MRI. I felt some popping in my ears and some pressure in my lungs, but otherwise felt fine. I feel much more alert, energetic and relaxed now. I will see how I feel after a few days, but will probably go back again.