Cortisone Shot And Pots?

Hi Tachy,

Sorry you are having such a rough go. Our cardiologist has said that steriods are a no no for my son. Only use them if necessary because you don't know how your body will react. I'm guessing this is a first time use for you. Sounds like your body if fighting the shot or having an allergic reaction. However, the good thing is that it will eventully get out of your system and your body should go back to its normally functioning.

When my son takes predisone, it takes about two weeks to get out of his system. We have to use this when his chest gets inflamed from a cough. Other wise his vocal tic will go nonstop and that even makes the situation worse for him. Steriods have the tendancy to raise my son's blood pressure and heart rate.

Be sure to let your doctors know what has happened and hopefully you will feel better soon. Take care and rest.

Rachel

i had trigger point injections in my neck and shoulders (steroid and lidocaine), the next day my face was very red (felt like my face was on fire).... this lasted for 3 or 4 days. now i m getting these systemic burning sensations and my heart rate goes high.. i definitely doen't feel right when its happening. i went to the er friday night and my bp was 112/32. i should had told them about the injections. i wish i know what the burning was. i wonder if an excited nervous system can cause burning. t feels horrible.