Birth Control

Bigskyfam

Sorry guys.I've looked in past posts.. Don't know how to poll. I have menorrhagia and currently have a Mirena iud in place since march 2013. Cycle are lighter but with Pots symptoms and diagnosis this fall. It's worse. Feeling like this week knocks me a few steps back. Any thoughts appreciated.

I've been on the nuvaring for the last 18 months and it has seemed to help. My GYN and GI doctors pretty much told me that it was my only option due to me also having gastroparesis especially since I do go thur periods of time when I have trouble keep meds down. It has greatly lightened my periods, lessened my symptoms during that week, and made them less painful. I do still get set back each month but not as much.

I've had terrible periods since I was 12. Tried BCPs of many brands and they all made me extremely nauseous plus they only slightly lessened my issues. I was on DepoProvera shots for yrs with success but of course the docs like you to take a break from that periodically. I tried Nuvaring and just didn't skip a week each month to prevent getting a period (this was on my doc's advice). This helped but it was again experiencing nausea. We conjectured that it was the estrogen in the pills and Nuvaring causing the nausea and it seems we were right. I went back on the Depo shots and I have no more problems in that department.

had heavy periods for a long time but when on the pill at age 17. i've now been on it so long my periods have stopped...gyno says that's not unusual and neurologist says it's not unusual for pots patients to have irregular periods. just rememeber to ask your doctor about your iron levels because heavy periods can contribute to anemia..i've been slightlly anemic ON iron supplements for a year and a half.