Has Anyone Been Successful On The Paleo Diet?

I have a friend that swears by the Paleo diet and has been trying to convince me for years to go on it. I can see some advantages, especially after reading some of the posts from POTS people. No processed foods, no grains, no sugar, no potatoes, no dairy- mostly grass fed lean meat, veggies, and fruits and nuts.

I am a bread and cracker junkie and I have been trying to cut back on starches, feeling much better when I reduce them. I also love sugar but have been successful weaning off of processed sugar...until the holidays hit!

Back to the Paleo Diet- I'm not sure I can give up so many foods and still enjoy some of the simple pleasures in life. It seems a little extreme.

Any suggestions out there?

Searching4answers

I would highly recommend it. It has been the one thing that has made a lot of my symptoms better....even to the point of getting of my medications. I also CRAVED sweets and carbs, but after eating clean for a few weeks, those cravings went away. There are sweet alternatives.

My advice to anyone is to give it 3 weeks and see if you notice anything.

• 1 month later...