Between A Rock And A Hard Place -- What To Do

lynnie22

When my pots symptoms worsened and I returned to Mayo recently, they told me what I needed to do to get better was exercise, exercise. So I have begun slowly on the recumbent bicycle. I am on a small amount of inderol for the very fast HR, which they have kept me on but it bottoms out my blood pressure. Problem is I also get these early evening spurts of high blood pressure -- which goes down after about three hours. If I take inderol in the evening, it goes down to very low levels so I try to avoid it. Now, with the exercise, even though I take no inderol in the evening, my blood pressure is beginning to get lower and lower. True brain fog and dizziness.

What to do when even the beginning of the journey back to improving my symptoms worsens my symptoms??

If I don't exercise, of course I'm totally deconditioned, and my heart rate gets worse, but if I exercise, my heart rate still gets worse along with blood pressure sinking. No one has put me on anything to raise my blood pressure because of the evening high blood pressure. Any suggestions?

Maybe you could try a different beta blocker? I had to try three before I found one that didn't make my BP too low.

I too am just starting to ride my recumbent bike. I can get 15 minutes at a time, but after about 5, I feel like I have no energy. I haven't taken my BP before during this time though. Hmmm...

Hopefully someone has some better advice, but mine is to call your doctor and see if there's another beta you could take. Why does your BP go up in the evening? Do They know what's causing that?

I see in your sig you've had thyroid surgeries so I'm sure that complicates things--to say the least!!