Florinef = Depression?

millyaulait

I think I have been taking Florinef/Fludrocortisone for 6 weeks now.

I would say that I am depressed. I have been putting up with the migraines and headaches that it has been causing, but I don't know if I can deal with this severe change in mood.

I just feel heavy, clouded. I have no motivation to do anything at all, no desire for my usual hobbies. I just want to stay in bed and not do anything. What is the point in even getting up?

I don't feel like me. I feel like I have been mentally covered in weights. I don't have the strength to be me, or to be happy. I almost feel nothingness, rather than sadness.

It's only really been this bad for the past week and a half. I'm going to see my doctor in a few days, but had anyone else had this problem? I hope that if my Dr decides to stop with this medication then the depression will end quickly, but I don't know if it works that way.

I had that same reaction to the florinef. Also had headaches/migraines with it. Apparently it's a "rare" reaction to it, but it can happen. Was very relieved when I finally got off it, especially as I also gained weight on it.

I'm having horrible headaches and possibly seizures because of florinef, but my doctors don't want me off of it. As for depression, I don't know about that, my docs mentioned wanting me on Paxil because it could help with the pots, and help with the depression that being ill like this is causing, and I was on florinef already when they decided to add this.

I don't think this drug is doing me much good, but hindering me. I'm hoping my next EEG will maybe get the dosage lowered, or removed totally.

I'm sorry you are feeling so low :( (((hugs)))

The first time I started Florinef, I saw very minor improvement in the first few weeks; no depression; in the 5th week I achieved the full benefit.(more functional/ able to drive).

I stopped it for four weeks this past summer and when I restarted I was a mess (depressed and cried off/on for six weeks until the Florinef kicked in). I felt strongly that Florinef was causing the extreme mood changes, but it couldn't say for sure because I also was on a landslide backwards in terms of symptoms (so it could have been just the situation). It was strange because I didn't have the depressed mood the first time around and the second time it took two full weeks longer to see any results. So, the effects can vary even with the same person (which makes it very unpredictable).

I've also found that the dosage needs to be just right because if I bump it up even a quarter of a tab, I will get headaches and heavy bloating. In my case, the benefits were obvious and clearly outweighed the downsides of being on it (and I hate being on medication! ;) So, that's worth considering.

Have you seen any improvement at all or has it all been negative?

I'm having horrible headaches and possibly seizures because of florinef, but my doctors don't want me off of it. As for depression, I don't know about that, my docs mentioned wanting me on Paxil because it could help with the pots, and help with the depression that being ill like this is causing, and I was on florinef already when they decided to add this.

I don't think this drug is doing me much good, but hindering me. I'm hoping my next EEG will maybe get the dosage lowered, or removed totally.

Oh no :( That's horrible, I hope all goes well with your EEG.

I'm sorry you are feeling so low :( (((hugs)))

The first time I started Florinef, I saw very minor improvement in the first few weeks; no depression; in the 5th week I achieved the full benefit.(more functional/ able to drive).

I stopped it for four weeks this past summer and when I restarted I was a mess (depressed and cried off/on for six weeks until the Florinef kicked in). I felt strongly that Florinef was causing the extreme mood changes, but it couldn't say for sure because I also was on a landslide backwards in terms of symptoms (so it could have been just the situation). It was strange because I didn't have the depressed mood the first time around and the second time it took two full weeks longer to see any results. So, the effects can vary even with the same person (which makes it very unpredictable).

I've also found that the dosage needs to be just right because if I bump it up even a quarter of a tab, I will get headaches and heavy bloating. In my case, the benefits were obvious and clearly outweighed the downsides of being on it (and I hate being on medication! ;) So, that's worth considering.

Have you seen any improvement at all or has it all been negative?

Thank you. :) Wow, It's strange how much experiences can differ so much when it comes to medication. Unfortunately I have found no improvement whatsoever in my symptoms, only negative points. I am on a very small dose but it's making me so sleepy, and the migraines are relentless right now, I thought maybe they would taper off a bit but they are very frequent. :\

Oh no :( That's horrible, I hope all goes well with your EEG.

Yeah, apparently four of the meds I'm on because of my pots or for injuries caused by me passing out have the side effect of seizures, but they won't reduce or remove the meds until they find out for sure if this is a side effect, or do I have epilepsy. Not cool, but EEG in two weeks, so hopefully answers soon.

My doctor initially wanted me on 0.2mg of Florinef. It was sooo hard to work up to that dose, but I managed it over a couple months. However, I noticed that I received the most improvement around 0.1mg. The higher the dose and the longer I was on that higher dosage (months, not years or anything) the more I noticed my mood began sinking. I wouldn't say I was "depressed" but I was not far from it. In addition, everything except my blood pressure seemed to get worse. I am now down to 0.125mg and notice my mood is definitely improved. However, it's just as difficult to reduce the dose as it was to increase it, if not more so. I have a love/hate relationship with the Florinef at the moment.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Hopefully the EEG will give you some answers, even if it's just ruling stuff out.